Camphor Laurel cutting boards have been described as Mother Nature’s best food preparation surface because of its naturally antibacterial properties. Not only are they the best surface for chopping and cutting they are also ideal for serving platters.
MUST READ: Camphor Laurel Timber, as tested here, was the most effective food preparation surface with regard to reducing microbial growth. This appears to be a result of the nature of wood in general, & the presence in this particular wood of anti-microbial substances, which are also known to occur naturally in edible products. Alan Waterson B.Sc. (Hons) Dip Ed, Southern Cross-University, Lismore, NSW
Key Features & Benefits:
* Fab Slabs Cutting Boards are 100% Australian made and can be sold worldwide with a certificate of origin.
* Fab Slabs Cutting Boards from Camphor Laurel wood. Note: The Camphor Laurel tree is an introduced species to Australia and all our timber is responsibly sourced
* Camphor Laurel is a naturally and “naturally & permanently antibacterial timber”
* Fab Slabs only uses timber that is Kiln Dried – This is a very important factor with cutting boards
* Fab Slabs boards are one piece – no joins to crack or split.
* Bottom line is that Fab Slabs cutting boards & grazing platters are a leading product within the food preparation sector.
* To personalise your board Laser Engraving Service is available:
Cutting Board Care:
* Wash your cutting board in hot soapy water after using it for cutting or serving.
* Dry the cutting board and put it away.
* When it looks dry, oil it lightly with an edible oil. We use grapeseed oil.
* Put the cutting board in the dishwasher
* Leave out in the sun
* Leave soaking in water
* And there is no need to rub salt or lemon into the board. Your Fab Slabs board is naturally antibacterial already and does not need salt or lemon to kill any germs.